Communications and Outreach Specialist, WCPRCP
Arlington VA 22202 Fed3 2530 Crystal Drive
Job DescriptionIn coordination with Recovery Coordination Program Leads and staff, will support a broad range of communication and outreach planning and execution efforts, to include promoting programs and initiatives through dedicated campaigns; produce written and graphic content to support organizational and program/initiative communications and outreach mission. Will generate social media posts and other electronic content.
- Assists and supports the development, implementation and assessment of content and event planning, as well as social media outreach strategies for the Recovery Coordination Program, and other programs therein.
- Develops and maintains information packets, fact sheets, handbooks, newsletters and social media communications.
- Provides pre-event, live/on-site, and post event social media coverage for a variety of events and trainings.
- Assists with the design and production of marketing materials such as branded banners, pop‐up screens, tablecloths, folders, brochures, etc., and maintains up-to-date versions of all relevant communications products including fact sheets, brochures, talking points and standard briefings.
- Updates and edits a variety of documents, website content, and formal outreach products.
General Job Information
TitleCommunications and Outreach Specialist, WCPRCP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/29/2019
Date Requisition Created11/29/2019
Work ExperienceCommunications, Public Relations or Related Field
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Previous exposure to military environment and experience with military culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills both oral and written
- Experience with event coordination and community outreach
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you