Strategic Communication Manager, WCPRCP
Arlington VA 22202 Fed4 2345 Crystal Drive
Job DescriptionIn coordination with the Recovery Coordination Program Government Leads, develop and implement communication strategies, messages, tactics and methods of assessment for the Recovery Coordination Program and other programs therein. Supports integration of multiple organizations within the Department of Defense to support recovery coordination communication campaigns and activities.
- Meets regularly with Government Program Leads to discuss performance, propose initiatives, and establish priorities.
- Develop communication plans, social media guidance, media kits and other marketing collateral to coordinate nationwide event planning and supports the synchronization of public affairs efforts throughout the department.
- Create and update Recovery Coordination Program products and content as instructed by the Government Lead, integrating digital, hard-copy, and in-person engagement strategies.
- Supports building and sustaining a successful cross-team structure capable of providing a broad range of media and communications support.
General Job Information
TitleStrategic Communication Manager, WCPRCP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/29/2019
Date Requisition Created11/29/2019
Work ExperienceMarketing, Public Relations
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters: Public Relations
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- B.A. in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related filed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- Experience with event coordination and community outreach
- Previous exposure to military environment and experience with military culture
- M.A. Public Communications/Relations or Journalism
- At least 10 years of experience in Communications, Public relations, or Marketing
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you