Accounts Payable Specialist, Federal
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionThe Accountants Payable Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable transactions in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and corporate accounting policies and procedures. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that the company’s finances are accurate and up to date, and that all the invoices are paid within established time limits.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Code and enter Accounts Payable vouchers and reclassification of charges.
- Respond to Vendor and AP inquires in a timely manner.
- Develop AP Processing desktop guide.
- Identification and processing of State Use Tax liabilities.
- Process and review Expense Reports and Preprocessor Upload.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the weekly check run and EFT.
- Assist in monthly closings, report preparation, and maintains records and files as needed.
- Manage Fresh Service Tickets.
- Scan/maintain all vendor files in Box.
- Forward requested invoices to Billing for review and ODC documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of 1099 data.
- Scan checks for deposit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleAccounts Payable Specialist, Federal
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/27/2019
Date Requisition Created11/27/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesGeneral to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel. Ability to easily learn new software.Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with a customer service attitude; demonstrated ability to deal professionally with vendors and internal customers.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you