Pharmacy Retail Associate
Salt Lake City UT 84111 50 East South Temple
Job DescriptionThis position professionally interacts with customers while helping them navigate the store and render the best customer service.
- Responsible for helping team members complete everyday tasks as well as the specific assignments asked of them.
- Must be properly trained in order to effectively train newly hired employees and offer constructive feedback to one another in order to improve.
- Maintains expert knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) operating systems. This includes but is not limited to, Office Retail Star specifically, maintenance, inventory, and purchasing.
- Oversees the store's security by remaining alert to surroundings and keeping up to date on procedures in case of an emergency.
- Purchase orders are completed and received in a timely matter with a special emphasis on details and correct verification.
- Participates in required meetings, as well as corresponding to weekly emails.
- Supports accurately recording rotating inventory. Stocks store as needed.
- Verifies work schedule and coordinates with coworkers regarding shift exchanges.
- Reiterates HIPPA regulations.
- Checks store expirations dates and ensures product rotation; organizes product in a tidy manner.
- Assists with the needs of the Pharmacy team.
- Represents the Store with a professional appearance, as well as utilizes respectful people-first skills.
- Successfully receives delivery orders.
- Responsible for stocking shelves, performing inventory counts, and keeping the store in good working order.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitlePharmacy Retail Associate
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/26/2019
Date Requisition Created11/26/2019
Work ExperienceCustomer Service, Retail
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredUtah Food Handlers Permit - Other
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
-Utah Food Handlers Permit or ability to obtain permit within 30 days.
-Ability to accurately count cash transactions, verify amounts, issue receipts for funds received and reconcile a cash register.
-Requires effective decision making skills for handling customer problems.
-Strong verbal and written communication skills for friendly, effective interaction with the team and customers.
-Strong organizational skills.
Physical Requirements: General retail environment where the noise level is usually moderate (ice machines, phones, escalators, people coming and going). While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, talk, and hear. Typing on a keyboard is required (touch screen available). Close vision abilities are required (working at a PC or reading work related order forms). Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you