Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionThis position will be responsible for processing all additions, disposals, transfers of capital expenditures in the fixed asset subsidiary module and assist in the month end process of depreciation in our asset system and corresponding journal entries. This position will also be responsible for preparation of personal property tax returns and payments of the associated tax liabilities throughout the year. The position will also help in assisting the annual company-wide inventory of all tangible personal property at each of our locations and also personally assisting in the physical inventory at our St. Louis warehouse.
- The position will also help in assisting the annual company-wide inventory of all tangible personal property at each of our locations and also personally assisting in the physical inventory at our St. Louis warehouse.
- Assist in audit inquiries from internal and external auditors. Assist Manager with annual inventory. Compare inventory reports submitted by offices to actual Lawson reports. Research variances and correct.
- Month end close – prepare journal entries as required and prepare balance sheet reconciliations for management review.
- Monitor balance in the fixed asset holding account. Prepare report for monthly meeting with Manager and Director.
- Year-end procedures – make sure all assets received prior to year-end are set up as additions. Assist with year-end process.
General Job Information
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/25/2019
Date Requisition Created11/25/2019
EducationBachelors: Accounting (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesStrong working knowledge of Excel and willingness to learn other software packages as needed.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you