Senior Director Finance Florida - must be located in Florida
Tampa FL 33612 Fed 9215 N. Florida Ave
Job DescriptionPosition has overall leadership for the financial affairs of Magellan’s Complete Care plan in Florida, serving the Medicaid specialty plan market. Key responsibilities for the role include financial planning and analysis, performance management (including revenue cycle, medical cost initiatives and customer negotiations and settlements) and balance sheet reconciliation and related controls (including regulatory capital). As a member of the senior leadership for the plan, position will actively participate in the development and execution of both near-term and long-term business strategies. Requires 7+ years in financial leadership roles serving the managed Medicaid health plan market. Experience in the Florida market and/or managed Medicaid specialty health plans is desired but not required. Position serves as member of our national Magellan Complete Care senior Finance team along with 5 other market CFOs.
Essential Functionswill vary based on assigned SBU.
- Analyzes monthly financial results, conducts periodic forecasts of current year profitability and develops the annual budget for all assigned customers.
- Participates in periodic meetings with internal stakeholders to discuss results and develop corrective action plans to mitigate risk and optimize profitability.
- Supports month end close process which includes reviewing journal entries, reconciliations and month end reports.
- Actively participates as a member of the SBU leadership team in the development and execution of both near-term and long-term business strategies.
- Performs financial modeling to support the 5-year financial plan.
- Serves as the financial lead for specific strategic strategies including related investment/capital deployment requirements, cost/benefit analyses and evaluation of potential inorganic accelerants to each strategy.
- Leads financial support for all sales to assigned prospects.
- Leads bid qualification, pricing strategy, rate development, financial proposal terms and delivery to prospective target (including sales presentations).
- Develops financial reporting platform to enable deepen transparency of expense structure. Maintains cost transparency across entire SBU G&A cost structure.
- Partners with IT leadership team to enhance activity-based reporting.
- Monitors effective utilization of resources and recommends adjustments to cost structure.
- Assumes responsibility for the integrity and resolution of all balance sheet accounts associated assigned contracts managed including accounts receivable, funds withheld by customers, claims recoverables, etc.
- Supports underwriting efforts and financial aspects of proposals for RFPs.
- Manages select vendor contracts and payment reconciliations.
- Oversees FTE approvals and geographic changes within the financial system (i.e. cost centers).
- Provides support to both Account Management and Proposal team to aid in new business and account retention, if needed.
- Supports the finance team in evaluating customer-specific contractual reconciliations, renewals/rate openers and settlements of contingencies under each contract (eg. performance penalties/incentives), as needed. Identifies and communicates issues and cost drivers.
- Performs ad hoc financial analysis and special projects as requested by management.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Director Finance Florida - must be located in Florida
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/23/2019
Date Requisition Created11/23/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPA - Certified Public Accountant - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
7 years of progressive experience in financial operations within managed care, health care or insurance industries. 3 years in a managerial position interfacing with senior management.Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines. Must be detail oriented and have excellent analytical skills. Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal and experience with communication at an executive level. Must be able to interact with all levels of staff, including all senior management.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you