Job DescriptionProvides administrative support to managers and work groups. Works independently and handles a wide variety of office duties and special projects.
(SUPPORT LEVEL: TLA5)
- Answers the telephone and screens incoming calls and communications.
- Personally answers questions and communications (written and/or electronic) within scope of assigned responsibility and departmental/company guidelines.
- Forwards other more complex questions or correspondence, along with appropriate documentation, to manager or other appropriate staff member.
- Independently handles a wide variety of general office procedures and administrative duties such as setting-up and maintaining filing systems, composing and proofreading documents, collecting and compiling data, and coordinating the flow of reports, invoices, or records.
- Maintains schedules and coordinates meeting with multiple staff members.
- Uses word-processing, spreadsheet software, or graphics software to create detailed presentations or confidential documents.
- May maintain, manipulate or utilize a moderately complex computerized database and/or spreadsheet to record and compile data.
- Coordinates or independently completes special projects according to managers general instructions.
- May assist manager or other staff members with more complex and detailed projects
- Composes, prepares and signs routine, non-technical correspondence in own or supervisors name.
- Performs other general office duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleAdministrative Assistant II - REMOTE
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/21/2019
Date Requisition Created11/21/2019
Work ExperienceAdministrative Support
EducationBachelors, GED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 4+ years of administrative assistant experience.
- Ability to type an average of 40 WPM.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated history of reliability and punctuality.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Product Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Ability to quickly learn and use new software applications as needed.
- Maintain a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in person and on the telephone.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.