Job DescriptionLooking for a Sr. Software Engineer with ETL / EDI x12 experence, SSIS, Informatica, AWS Redshift, etc. Candidate should have prior experience documenting business data and mapping requirements. Requires solid ETL/SSIS experience (Control flow components, data flow components, general ETL concepts). Proven capability to enhance the functionality and performance of various SQL scripts using stored procedures, temp tables, table variables, and CTEs. Analyzes, designs the framework for and participates in the development and delivery of ETL/ X12 EDI flat files, business intelligence reports, and other information objects. The primary focus of the job deals with Information Delivery and Data Analytic projects.
This position is open to REMOTE / TELECOMMUTE / WORK FROM HOME candidates form anywhere in the US.
Responsibilities to include:
- Creates database tables and cubes utilizing academic methodology (normal forms) ensuring business smart resource allocation
- Creates frameworks to provide accurate information quickly to the organization.
- Analyze, design and build reports, ETL and assists in the creation of data marts as needed.
- Designs user interfaces and dashboards using the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack and .net architecture
- Monitors ETL schedules and develops new ETLs to support new application and dashboard/information delivery
- Responsible for large scale SQL development that drives cubes and information exchange for decision support applications and BI dashboards
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology and in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in software/hardware releases and installation tasks.
- Analyzes problems and program in two or more programming language/platforms.
- Understands and develops functional and non-functional requirements for a system.
- Works with multiple programming frameworks.
- Develops, tests and maintains code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used.
- Integrates systems to databases and other applications using middleware such as SnapLogic and consume or produce SOAP or REST based services, etc.
Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Possesses proficiency in automated testing strategies, including TDD.
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Integration.
- Understands Cloud computing concepts and how to build Cloud deployable application.
- Performs load and performance testing on the application and do regular performance tuning.
General Job Information
TitleConsulting Software Engineer (ETL / Informatica)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date12/6/2019
Date Requisition Created11/20/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 7+ years related experience including a minimum of 3+ years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure software in IT.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you