Lead Systems Analyst
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionThis position works at the highest level of competency in regards to analysis in order to be responsible for the translation of very complex business requirements into automated system design specifications or may suggest non-automated business solutions. Considered as the System Matter Expert for one or more business applications. Able to work with outside software/hardware vendors if needed. Performs the needed research to ensure the business requirements have technical feasibility. Will coordinate the activities, for a given project, of staff serving in the roles of programmers and/or analysts. Required to help train less experienced System Analysts. Prepares detailed work plans for very complex projects.
- Works closely with Business Owner, End User Department Reps., Programming and Analysis Staff and outside vendors to complete analysis that will identify various alternatives to create an automated or non-automated business system design to resolve medium to very complex business requirements.
- Proposes the best alternative and prepares project specifications (including analysis and design) for a system design to the Business Owner, End User Department Reps and IT Management staff that will meet the business requirements.
- Performs project analysis at the highest level to determine specific tasks that must be completed for a given project, their respective time estimates and a timeline for each task in order to prepare a project work plan
- Provides training and supervision to less experience systems analysis staff.
- Participates in the development, enhancement and maintenance of the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle ).
- Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the current project's progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project.
- Provides status reports including the work of a Programmer, Analyst or outside contractor working within the project team.
- Aids Development Staff with the resolution of very complex business application production problems.
- Answers all technical questions from the end user departments relating to the use of their respective business applications.
General Job Information
TitleLead Systems Analyst
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/19/2019
Date Requisition Created11/19/2019
Work ExperienceIT, Project/Program Management
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Masters: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 7+ years related experience including a minimum of 2+ years of Agile/Scrum master experience.
- Experience working with Agile Methods and modern programming environments.
- Should have moved across different departments within IT to gain a broader perspective of the business/industry.
- Scrum Master or similar certification.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you