Pharmacy Director, Medicare Part D
Job DescriptionThis position will have responsibility for all aspects related to administration and operations of the strategic business unit(s) program surrounding Medicare Part D. The successful incumbent will develop and manage internal and external relationships with key thought leaders in the industry to maintain compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) guidance and ongoing prospective and retrospective analysis of clinical attributes related to formulary and plan design, member health outcomes, and pharmacy delivery models. Will have problem solving and critical thinking skills encompassing the multifaceted delivery of the Medicare Part D benefit from multiple aspects such as Prescription Drug Plan (PDP), Medicare Advantage Plan, Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP), and/or Special Need Plans. Will work in a team environment to garner and manage the internal resources and communicate through all the strategy of the organization. This position will ensure qualified clinicians and other team members are accountable for decisions affecting beneficiaries and provides guidance for clinical operational aspects of the program.
- Reviews and interprets all existing and new Health Plan Management System (HPMS) guidance from CMS that may affect Magellan’s Part D plans (e.g., transition, protected class drugs, formulary changes, End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), Hospice, etc.)
- Oversight of formulary, clinical programs, and retrospective Drug Utilization Review (DUR).
- Develops, monitors, improves operational controls related to clinical aspects of the Part D program, particularly Formulary Administration and Coverage Determinations, Appeals and Grievances.
- Works with leadership, compliance team, and medical director to develop, maintain and provide clinical leadership in the development of new methodology and technology that allows SBU to stay on the cutting edge of high quality, pharmacy benefits management.
- Monitors clinical efforts pertaining to reporting (maintenance and ad hoc), adjudication, Coverage Determinations and Appeals.
- Drives the formulary definition, with associated rebate contracting considerations, for the annual Part D bid.
- Participates in internal and external audits, and supports staff on annual Data Validation processes.
- Ensures all programs are of the highest clinical quality and integrity and provides clinical oversight to all clinical areas within the department.
- Problem solves and applies critical thinking driving multidisciplinary efforts and planning.
- Oversees downstream providers to ensure delivery of services according to contractual agreements held between Magellan, vendors, and clients.
- Participates in the development of strategic and operational goals and plans for the growth and ongoing clinical operations of SBU.
- Supports sales of pharmacy services, including RFP responses and periodic client interactions.
- Produces product/service pipeline monitoring and reporting.
General Job Information
TitlePharmacy Director, Medicare Part D
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/19/2019
Date Requisition Created11/19/2019
Work ExperienceMedicare Part D (MedD), PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management)
EducationBachelors: Pharmacy (Required), PharmD
License and Certifications - RequiredRPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - PreferredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum 7+ years of Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), Pharmacy or Health Plan experience.
- 3+ years of Medicare Part D (MedD) experience.
- Ability to read, interpret, and operationalize Medicare Part D guidance and ability to understand how various aspects of the guidance is interdependent and related.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you