Lead Program Educator, FLP
Joint Base San Antonio TX 78234 Fed3 2490 Stanley Rd, Bldg 367
Job DescriptionThe program provides education and administrative services to include researching, developing, marketing, and conducting skill based classes for persons eligible for support programs at Joint Base San Antonio. Educational courses promote the growth and safety of military families by focusing on improving skills in personal relationships, parenting, and aspects of family living, coping with work and home stressors, anger management and effective communication.
- Responsible for the performance of work, contract compliance and quality control.
- Serves as on-site supervisor.
- Plans and executes all activities.
- Reviews all deliverables prior to submission for acceptance.
- Manages employee and class/training schedule.
- Ensures all personnel assigned to a task meet government qualification standards and receive necessary training.
- Interfaces with senior levels of the Government.
- Effective communicator with management and staff.
General Job Information
TitleLead Program Educator, FLP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/19/2019
Date Requisition Created11/19/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a social science field.
- Two years’ experience teaching/instructing in a group setting.
- Two years’ experience with the identification and reporting of abuse.
- Minimum of 7 years of total professional experience.
- Familiar with military culture, organizational structure and terminology a plus.
- Able to troubleshoot and quickly resolve issues.
- Must speak, read, understand, and write English fluently.
- Be computer literate and possess proficiency in computer skills to use.
- Microsoft Office Suite to prepare briefing slides, information papers, and enter data in required management reports and utilize information systems to prepare required reports and information.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with civilian and military personnel at all levels.
- Willing to travel within an estimated 50-mile radius of the assigned installation.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you