Medi-Cal Rx Adminstrator
Job DescriptionSupervises the administrative and/or clinical support functions, staff actions, and paperwork for the regional service center (RSC). Responsible for purchasing and maintaining supplies, equipment, as well as budget expenses control. Responsible for the administrative services of medium to large regional service center. Selects, trains, and instructs administrative staff. Supervises, directs, and evaluates department's procedures. Standardizes office procedures and initiates local policy and procedures in conjunction with Corporate policy and procedures.
- Oversees and supervises office activities such as filing, word processing, records retention, data entry, duplication, claims, billing, faxing and mail distribution.
- Manages, instructs, and trains administrative staff.
- Uses word-processing, spreadsheet software or graphics software to create detailed, confidential documents.
- Coordinates or completes special projects according to manager's general instructions. May assist manager with more complex and detailed projects.
- Develops and maintains personnel information along with all aspects of personnel functions/paperwork for the RSC. Liaison between the RSC and Human Resources. May assist Corporate in directing the activities of human resources functions.
- Oversees the purchasing of office supplies and equipment as well as budget expense. Confers with office department regarding the purchase of office equipment.
- Provides management with direction on departmental functions and acts as liaison between office and other departments.
- Develops office procedures. Selects, trains, and instructs office staff. May develop sources of recruitment for personnel needs, including search firms, ads and temporary agencies.
- Helps plan budgetary needs for the office. Responsible for tracking and monitoring costs, budget exceptions, etc.
- Approves and places current and new staff in physical location and approves equipment needs.
General Job Information
TitleMedi-Cal Rx Adminstrator
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/14/2019
Date Requisition Created11/14/2019
Work ExperienceAdministrative Support, Supervisory
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5-7 years of administrative/office management experience.
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills are needed.
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct administrative staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.