Job DescriptionPlays a key role in various clinical pharmacy accounts: overseeing the overall clinical activities for various clients and up selling additional clinical services and ensuring renewal of the account. Responsible for working with Account Managers in identifying common customer problems that require clinical solutions, and facilitating the implementation and monitoring of clinical solutions in support of our clients' goals to reduce expenses and improve care.
Serves as facilitator and mentor to the clinical liaisons for assigned contract(s). Assists Account Managers with managing overall client relationship and driving the adoption of recommended clinical solutions as well as assisting Account Managers in managing the P&L of the account in order to meet targeted profitability. Understands that the financial impact of all clinical recommendations is essential for both the client's cost of care and the overall administration of the programs. Activities address impact on customers, operations, program integrity, pricing, quality and satisfaction. Develops and tracks appropriate metrics that monitor the quality and care cost impact of the clients' program.
Provides guidance, assistance and mentoring to assist the Account Manager staff in attaining goals. Requires communication across all departments and an understanding of the strategic impact of the programs to customers and clients and extensive knowledge of how the programs integrate with other clinical initiatives. As a collaborative partner with our customers, must have expertise with data management and overall healthcare trends specific to the Medicaid population.
- Partners with appropriate staff in the identification, sale and measurement of clinical program enhancements and better practices.
- Assists with legislative policy requests and provides timely information on current events and trends that includes benchmarking metrics.
- Creates and maintains ad hoc reports that meet customer needs.
- Communicates frequently and reports program progress, establishes priorities and maintains positive client relationship. Responds to client?s requests for information.
- Assesses, investigates and resolves difficult issues to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Develops, implements and monitors project plan requirements and timelines, ensures all necessary support, tools and technology are available, and follows up as needed.
- Ensures application of best practices across contracts in meeting with business process owners and other appropriate stakeholders to identify the project & aposs goals, objectives, critical success factors and success measures.
- Works closely with Operations, Rebate and other internal departments to ensure consistent delivery of approved programs to the client and results of programs, as well as overall metrics to monitor performance of the program.
- Ensures operations are standardized at the fullest extent possible.
- Provides overall project coordination for the contract & aposs clinical functions.
- Ensures revenue goals and administrative expenses are managed.
- Develops strong relationships with key contacts at client level and contacts within Magellan that are supportive of the achievement of increased revenue goals.
- Ensures all customers are fully satisfied with services and results.
- Provides guidance and assistance in the coordination of implementation of new solutions and products and serves as liaison between the company and customers as needed.
- Assists in modifying implementation approaches within budget and operational framework.
General Job Information
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/14/2019
Date Requisition Created11/14/2019
EducationBachelors: Pharmacy (Required), PharmD: Pharmacy
License and Certifications - RequiredRPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - PreferredPharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and COGNOS or comparable.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, schedule, direct, control and monitor project activities.
- Project management experience and knowledge of health plans, PBMs or Medicaid required.
- 5+ years of experience in Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM), Health plan or Medicaid clinical customer service.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you