Sr Manager, Quality
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionResponsible for multi-faceted quality and accreditation program requiring senior level management within an assigned unit of a SBU. Manages multiple aspects of a quality program and accreditation processes. Interfaces with customers and accreditation and regulatory entities. May supervise staff.
- Manages day-to-day quality activities in assigned area ensuring program and procedures support company goals for service, quality, and cost effectiveness as well as compliance with contract, federal and state requirements.
- Activities and projects may include (based on the services and products of the business unit):
- Quality program development and oversight
- Interfacing with customers on quality program
- Training on CQI processes
- Conducting internal audits of charts and clinical/service procedures
- Satisfaction survey coordination and follow-up
- Coordination of Advisory Groups
- Tracking of adverse incidents
- Monitoring of performance guarantees
- Provider profiling support
- Quality studies and quality process improvement projects
- Accreditation project management
- Quality committee support and direction
- Performance metrics and scorecards
- Liaison with assigned departments to ensure quality projects are integrated within operations.
General Job Information
TitleSr Manager, Quality
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/14/2019
Date Requisition Created11/13/2019
EducationMasters: Healthcare (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLSW - Licensed Social Worker - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare quality improvement.
- Managed healthcare experience with demonstrated outcome improvement.
- Knowledge of quality improvement processes and performance measurement.
- Expertise in word processing and data management software.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of quality improvement standards and accreditation and audit processes.
- Must be skilled at mastering new areas of content and operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you