Government Formulary Analyst
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job DescriptionThe Formulary Analyst represents Benefits Administration, participating in the full life cycle of formulary and clinical program development by assisting with benefit related requirements, impact analysis, advising and helping formulate process developments, responsible for formulary implementation within the Benefits landscape as well as appropriate formulary maintenance and testing. Serves as the Liaison between Plan Administration, Clinical, and IT Teams.
- Serves as a SME interface between Benefits Administration and the Clinical team in the development of clinical programs and formulary management changes.
- Provides Benefit Administration related build and maintenance support for assigned clinical programs.
- Represents Benefit Administration in working with the Clinical team on clinical requirements development and deployment.
- Serves as a skilled clinical resource in support of non-clinical team members.
- Identifies the common causes of the defects, prioritizes them and systematically removes defects to avoid recurrences in further development work.
- Works with Clinical team to understand the customer`s product-specific requirements and configuration and translates them to benefit technical design specifications and data flow from which programs are developed and coded.
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements and documents programs or technical configuration.
- Interacts with Clinical and IT development teams during the software build or configuration and testing process.
- Performs technical application configuration and produces formulary based benefit related reports at user request.
- Designs and executes unit, system and integration test plans for new formulary based benefit related developments/releases/reports.
- Maintains formulary related technical documentation based on standard operating procedures in support of the assigned clinical application.
- Assumes complete ownership for the assigned task and communicates the progress of the project plan / task to all stakeholders regularly.
- Works closely with end users to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of end users business needs and works closely with end users to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleGovernment Formulary Analyst
Job FamilyPharmacy Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/11/2019
Date Requisition Created11/11/2019
Work ExperiencePBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management), Pharmacy
EducationBachelors: Business Administration
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredCPT/LPT/PTCB/RPT, Pharmacy Technician, State Requirements - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of pharmacy and/or pharmacy information systems experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within a technology environment, preferably within a healthcare setting.
- Experience with data analysis, programming frameworks or other end-user reporting programs and creating macros in spreadsheet environments.
- Ability to operationalize process improvements.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you