Director, System Quality Assurance
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 500
Job DescriptionDirect the assigned SBU(s) system Quality Assurance (QA) strategies and processes that establish the highest level of system quality assurance during client implementations, system integrations resulting from mergers and acquisitions, new system/product development, as well as contribute to the overall technical and strategic System QA vision of Magellan. This position will require both management and technical hands-on skills, and crosses all lines of business within assigned SBU(s). Work closely with customers both internal and external, to ensure business needs are understood and met and that the system quality assurance approach uses most current technology, is sound, and scalable. Collaboration with other Magellan team members is paramount to success.
- Serves as primary point of contact for SBU(s) system quality assurance on IT related projects and tasks.
- Meets with customer stakeholders (external and internal) to influence technical and operational testing strategies and design to assure highest system quality.
- Develops and participate in presentations, RFP responses, and consultations to existing and prospective customers and internal business areas on System QA capabilities and performance results.
- Sets goals and prioritizes tasks to align with company and department objectives. Communicates these goals to System QA team members. Measures progress and results of team performance.
- Select, build and direct strong teams through formal training, diverse assignments, coaching, mentoring and other development techniques.
- Establishes and monitors best practices in processes, tools and communication so that quality is built into development and release processes and to assure most efficient
- Maintains procedures and processes to ensure quality control. Identifies opportunities for improvement and is responsible for implementing solutions.
- Provides input to budgets; Accountable to manage to the team’s budgets.
- Directs the development of QA team’s cost estimates, benefits and assessment of potential project risks.
- Manages the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available hardware, software, and data to deliver business solutions as needed. Manages vendor relationships as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleDirector, System Quality Assurance
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/10/2019
Date Requisition Created11/10/2019
Work ExperienceManagement/Leadership, Quality
EducationBachelors: Information Technology (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Understanding of business applications and ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of various QA procedures and products.
- 7+ years' previous experience as a QA Analyst; 3 years as a QA Manager.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.