Director - Information Security Officer
Sacramento CA 95814
Job DescriptionCandidates must be in/around the greater Sacramento, CA area. They will be able to work partially remote, but must be based in Sacramento, CA.
The Information Security Officer (ISO) shall have a minimum of five (5) years experience in computing or related area, with a focus on information security, technology, management and policy, procedure, and/or safeguards; extensive knowledge of security administration and computer security tools; successful experience in retrieving, analyzing, reporting, addressing, and/or tracking security intrusions and vulnerabilities; demonstrated knowledge in systems design, development, documentation, testing, implementation, and/or maintenance; demonstrated ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical managerial and professional staff.
In addition, the ISO shall possess the following skills: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Public Policy, Law, or a related field; an advanced degree in a related field to information security; three (3) or more years experience in at least three (3) of the following domains in the Certified Information Systems Security Professional certificate: 1) Access control systems and methodology; 2) Application and systems development security; 3) Business continuity planning & disaster recover planning; 4) Cryptography Law, investigation and ethics; 5) Operations security; 6) Security architecture and models; 7) Security management practices; 8) Telecommunications and networking; proven technical and functional problem solving, tracking and resolution skills; ability to manage complex projects; experience in technology management or information security in both government and healthcare environments; and highly desirable that they possess and maintain one or more of the following certifications: CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certificate), SSCP (Systems Security Certified Practitioner), and CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional).
This position will ensure that we have the skills and capabilities required to deliver on our business and technical commitments. Will focus on Continuous improvement within the area and lead IT initiatives and special projects within their portfolio of applications. Will lead efforts to provide cost and effort estimates for significant new demand. Partners with Service Owners to lead the creation of Technology roadmaps to ensure that the Infrastructure is Current, Resilient and Secure. Monitors Technical Debt and ensures that Technology Roadmaps have plans to retire Technical Debt. Manage 24x7x365 days of staff coverage.
- Influences changes/enhancements to business processes, policies, and system infrastructure.
- Manages the selection, evaluation, contracting, and integration of externally available hardware, software, and data to deliver business solutions.
- Directs and manages though analysis, planning, design, development, testing, installation, and maintenance of support systems for business areas.
- Selects and builds strong teams through formal training, diverse assignments, and coaching, mentoring, and other development techniques.
- Manages and develops project cost estimates, benefits and assessment of potential project risks.
- Manages projects, people, customer expectations, and business priorities to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Manages budgets, plans and expenses; may have cost center responsibilities.
- Oversees throughput for encounter processing acting as liaison between the customer and Magellan IT teams.
- Oversees and acts in review board fashion for reports delivered from Magellan to the customer.
- Manages vendors.
- Shares best practices throughout IT.
General Job Information
TitleDirector - Information Security Officer
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/8/2019
Date Requisition Created11/8/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 10+ years of relevant experience deploying and/or administrating infrastructure solutions. Requires strong knowledge and experience with multiple infrastructure solutions.
- 2 or more certifications of the following: AWS Sysops Certification, MTA, MSCA, Cisco-CCNA, CCNP, Database Administration (Oracle, SQL Server, Big Data/Hadoop), Avaya (ACA, ACSS, ASIC, ACE), AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification, ITIL v3 Foundations, Kepner-Tregoe Resolve or Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coach and build skills within the team.
- Experience in health care, insurance or related field.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you