Sacramento CA 95814
Job DescriptionThis position assists with the implementation of the Magellan MRx Compliance and Privacy Program. Provides support on privacy and confidentiality matters, and administration of the privacy program.
- Assists with the administration of the Privacy Program.
- Understanding of state and federal privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Administers and customizes the tool utilized for the management of privacy issues.
- Tracks and manages privacy documentation, including policies and procedures, and notices of privacy practices.
- Assists with the management of privacy and confidentiality issues to resolution.
- Reviews privacy and confidentiality guidance and disperse to impacted operational areas and monitor to completion.
- Assists with the implementation of ongoing training on state and federal privacy and confidentiality requirements. Interacts effectively with internal operations areas to provide guidance and information.
- Reviews operational policies and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal privacy and confidentiality regulations.
General Job Information
Job FamilyLegal Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/11/2019
Date Requisition Created11/8/2019
Work ExperienceCompliance, Medicare
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Experience working for a Managed Care Company or other health related organization strongly preferred.
- Requires 5+ years of compliance related experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to research, obtain, coordinate, and integrate feedback and directions from diverse operational groups and organizations into a written product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Medicare regulations.
- Experience and thorough understanding of Microsoft Office, flow charting and other relevant software systems and applications.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you