Test Automation Engineer
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of test automation framework, tools and automated test suites and for researching, recommending, and integrating software testing technologies.
- Creates, reviews and maintains automated software test suites and tools.
- Coordinates and performs automation projects from initiation through delivery.
- Ensures automation projects are completed on schedule.
- Implements automation solutions using appropriate programming tools.
- Establishes and maintains communication with manual testers and Quality Assurance (QA) teams to ensure new automation and automation maintenance needs are met in appropriate timeframes.
- Prepares automated test plans and test scripts for enhancements and new applications.
- Designs data repository and testing tools that will be used to organize and analyze test results.
- Queries data bases to extract information needed to develop reports.
- Compiles data and other information from multiple data sources.
- Acts as a support resource for users of software quality tools.
- Performs and monitor test execution and reports results of automated scripts in test management tools.
- Presents reporting of automation progress as requested.
- Assists more senior team members in maintaining test environments/data to be used with test automation.
- Trains and supports QA testing team in developing, integrating and executing automated application testing tools.
- Researches tools, methods and technology trends to support testing objectives.
General Job Information
TitleTest Automation Engineer
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date1/24/2020
Date Requisition Created11/7/2019
Work ExperienceClaims, IT, PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management)
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
• 7 years of experience with Agile methodologies, Test Driven Development and continuous integration processes.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as an Automation engineer implementing automated testing solutions for an Agile based delivery team.
• Minimum 3 years of experience to integrate various DevOps practices into our SQA processes and Continuous Integration initiatives.
• Minimum 3 years of experience of building test automation utilizing modern cloud technologies and tool chains (e.g. VMs, AWS, etc.)
• Minimum 3 years of experience with ATDD using Selenium, Cucumber, Protractor.
• 3 years of experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins).
• 3 years of experience with automated testing of APIs.
• 3 years of experience with JMeter or other performance testing tools.
• 3 years of experience with database systems, both SQL and NoSQL.
• 3 years of experience in Cross-browser and cross-platform testing (e.g. BrowserStack)
• 3 years of experience with Git or GitHub.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.