Benefit Plan Configuration Tester II
Sacramento CA 95814
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible to develop thorough test plans for medium (relating to complexity) systems to ensure a smooth transition from a development environment to a production environment. Responsible for testing, reviewing and learning medium (relating to complexity) functionality of software applications which are developed in house and those purchased form third party vendor. Develops and maintains documented standards for quality acceptance in software.
• Develops test plans for medium systems to ensure application functionality meets original requirements to project.
• Works closely with software development staff to test and review applications developed in house or purchased from third party vendor prior to installation.
• Becomes knowledgeable of business applications systems as they are used within the business department, research and respond to application inquires.
• Responsible for mentoring of Associate Quality Assurance Analyst.
• Develops and maintains documented standards for quality acceptance of software
• Maintains up to date test environment
• Ensures end user documentation correlates with program functionality
• Maintains an ongoing self-study program to enhance QA skills and knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Excellent communication (Verbal and Written) and collaboration skills
• Excellent, organization, task management, and prioritization skills
• Courteous and professional demeanor with the desire and ability to work as a team
• Knowledge of QA principles, and agile practices and the ability to apply this knowledge to a variety of work assignments.
• Knowledge of Pharmacy Benefit Rules and Regulations
• Thorough and detailed knowledge of investigating and analyzing data using various methods and techniques that promote timely change and accountability of assignments
• Good planner and strong organization skills
• Ability to research, analyze and interpret rules and business requirements, and apply them to assignments
• Successful ability to manage and take ownership of multiple assignments
• Strategic, independent, forward thinkers with technical and analytical abilities for solutioning simple to complex problems
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
• Experience with SQL and Visio
General Job Information
TitleBenefit Plan Configuration Tester II
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/7/2019
Date Requisition Created11/7/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Responsibilities3+ years previous experience as a QA Analyst.
Understanding of business applications and ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff. Demonstrated understanding of various QA procedures and products.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.