Lead System Quality Assurance Analyst
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for developing thorough test plans for medium to complex systems to ensure a smooth transition from a development environment to a production environment. Responsible for mentoring lower level staff. Responsible for testing, reviewing and learning medium to complex functionality of software applications developed in house and those purchased from third party vendors. Develop and maintain documented standards for quality acceptance of software.
- Develops thorough test plans for medium to complex systems to ensure application functionality meets original requirements to project.
- Works closely with software development staff to test and review applications developed in house or purchased from third party vendors prior to installation.
- Expert knowledge of medium to complex business applications systems as they are used within the business department; researches and responds to application inquires.
- Responsible for mentoring and training lower level staff on best practices (methods and techniques).
- Develops and maintains documented standards for quality acceptance of software.
- Represents QA department at project meetings.
- Maintains up to date test environment.
- Ensures end user documentation correlates with program functionality.
- Maintains an on going self study program to enhance QA skills and knowledge.
General Job Information
TitleLead System Quality Assurance Analyst
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusCanada (Exempt), United States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/7/2019
Date Requisition Created11/7/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Responsibilities8+ years previous experience as a QA Analyst.Understanding of business applications and ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff. Demonstrated understanding of various QA procedures and products.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.