Supervisor, Provider Services
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionPrimary function is to supervise the customer care staff responsible for responding to telephone inquiries from providers and members as they relate to eligibility, benefits, claims, and authorization of services. Supervises the staff in the implementation, servicing, and maintenance of accounts and account related activities.
- Directs all tasks related to product/services operations and all performance standards are met.
- Directs all tasks related to Mailroom operations and all performance standards are met.
- Directs all tasks related to provider call center operations including ensuring all performance standards are achieved such as; speed to answer, call abandonment rate, etc. Develops and executes outreach strategy to support recruitment or other activities.
- Lead team in successful delivery and execution of services to meet client and internal stakeholder commitments, contractual obligations and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for department budget functions ensuring necessary resources are available and efficient, cost-saving use of those resources
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSupervisor, Provider Services
Job FamilyCustomer Service Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/7/2019
Date Requisition Created11/6/2019
Work ExperienceCustomer Service, Supervisory
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years in health care call center environment.
- Must possess Service Excellence attitude.
- Experience leading large teams in a dynamic industry.
- Demonstrated track record of managing change with proven results in the achievement of customer service goals.
- Knowledge of managed healthcare principles and call center operations.
- Ability to identify individual and team developmental needs.
- Ability to effectively coach and develop team members.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More