Tax Accountant II
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for preparing tax returns and work papers using Magellan’s tax software. The role supports the maintenance of the tax payment database and assists with the quarterly estimated payment calculations, including extensions. The role requires daily use of Excel for manipulating large data sets in order to complete tax calculations and reconcile for accuracy.
- Prepares Federal and State income and franchise tax returns for subsidiaries, as assigned, including the related work needed to prepare and maintain complete Federal and State tax return preparation files.
- Assists with quarterly and annual tax provision preparation including general ledger downloads, account analysis, clerical checks, etc.
- Prepares Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and other requested tax-related assignments.
- Responsible for maintaining records of tax payments to provide information used in the tax return preparation, and reconciling such information to the corresponding tax accounts on the general ledger system.
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly estimated payments and annual extensions for each subsidiary.
- Prepares sales, use and gross receipts tax return to include filing returns and paying electronically.
- Research federal and state issues, as needed.
- Duties may include assistance with fixed assets records for tax purposes.
- Other assignments as requested.
General Job Information
TitleTax Accountant II
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/4/2019
Date Requisition Created11/4/2019
Work ExperienceAccounting, Tax
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Accounting (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of accounting and/or tax preparation experience or 10+ years of accounting/tax preparation experience in lieu of degree.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you