Patient Financial Support Coordinator - Orlando, FL
Orlando FL 32812
Job DescriptionThis position will work one-on-one with the patient and patient assistant programs to ensure the patient's full understanding of the enrollment process and their financial responsibility. The role is responsible for checking all paperwork to ensure it was submitted properly and assisting patients with claim re-submissions. The role will provide a compassionate experience as well as accurate information about the healthcare financial process.
- Serves as internal and external program liaison for all patient assistance program related matters, primarily via phone, along with fax and e-mail communications.
- Ensures all necessary information, including insurance verification, copay assistance, and funding assistance, is available to process orders.
- Clearly explains available copay assistance programs requirements to patients and physician’s office staff while assisting in financial assistance enrollment.
- Communicates and obtains all information required from patients to process copay assistance application or renewal.
- Maintains documentation of calls to and from patients, caregivers, insurances, providers, and Pharma.
- Maintains patient database for follow-up, tracking and reporting which ensures continuity of treatment along when related to financial assistance need.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times and performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
General Job Information
TitlePatient Financial Support Coordinator - Orlando, FL
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/4/2019
Date Requisition Created11/4/2019
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 3+ years working in managed healthcare and engaging patients in the financial and social services process.
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen to customers needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Word/Excel/Outlook), desk top faxing, and downloading/uploading files.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you