Medical Economics Consultant 1 - Brooklyn, NY
Brooklyn NY 11201 (inactive)
Job DescriptionThe Medical Economics Consultant role is a blend of both leadership and hands-on technical (SQL, SAS, Tableau/Qlik). The position will routinely interact with the Market President, CEO, and Actuarial team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable developing and communicating strategic direction as well as analytic findings and recommendations. Master's degree and 5-7 years experience in health analytics strongly preferred. Fields of interest include Public Health, Business Analytics, Economics, and Actuarial.
Provides primary data and analytics support for local health plan, working closely with national and local leadership to drive cost efficiency and quality within the market/business. Provides subject matter expertise for current and historical cost experience, cost drivers and trends. Accountable for ensuring analytics are timely, accurate, and optimally prioritized to best meet business needs.
- Provides primary analytical support for local health plan or business unit, in support of strategic decision making and cost efficiency.
- Provides subject matter expertise for current and historical cost experience, cost drivers, and trends. Pro-actively informs leadership of emerging experience and potential risks.
- Partners with Actuarial and Finance leaders as needed to ensure budget and forecast accuracy.
- Partners with key business leaders to identify cost efficiency and quality improvement opportunities through reporting and analytics.
- Leads/supports changes and enhancements to our analytical capabilities, continually improving the actionable intelligence we get from the data and how efficiently we produce that intelligence. Collaborates with Informatics to continually improve standardized reporting and dashboard capabilities and efficiency.
- Maintains ownership of cost of care initiative tracking, savings and ROI estimates, and KPI dashboards for designated health plan or business unit.
- Provides oversight and direction to cross-functional partners; collaborates effectively across teams to meet overall business goals.
General Job Information
TitleMedical Economics Consultant 1 - Brooklyn, NY
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date11/1/2019
Date Requisition Created11/4/2019
Work ExperienceAnalytics/Informatics, Managed Healthcare
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with the practical uses and applications of healthcare data.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business-driven data needs into technical data/programming approach including proper aggregation and normalization of medical and pharmacy data.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex data/ideas to all levels of management.
- Experience manipulating large data sets.
- Medicaid knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, SAS, SQL, BI, COGNOS preferred.
- Excellent quantitative, problem-solving and analytic skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.