VP, Field Network Development
Job DescriptionDevelops and implements a network strategy that meets the customer requirements. Ensures that strategies are within budget plan as well as assures access to a network of services that supports member access and are within cost of care plans. Delivers insight into product development and operational improvements. Provides thought leadership to all aspects of the network management in support of the SBU.
- Develops and implements a network to meet the needs of the SBU, clients and members.
- Ensures unit cost targets are met.
- Assures long-term, mutually successful provider relationships.
- Directs all provider (free-standing facility, hospital, and in-office) recruitment activities.
- Assumes lead role in negotiations with key providers as required.
- Develops negotiation strategies to ensure results are within financial projections.
- Provides guidance on fee schedule development, underwriting and unit cost trend management.
- Manages financial goals (e.g., control care cost trends, profitability) as defined by the business operations and the SBU, including assuring that the network is cost effective, marketable, stable and offers appropriate access.
- Monitors ongoing provider performance changes in cost and utilization needs.
- Supports strategy for new products/product enhancement with product development division.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships between Magellan and providers, and influences and changes behavior of providers in accordance with business operations goals and objectives.
- Prepares, analyzes, reviews and projects financial/systems impacts of various negotiation strategies.
- Develops and analyzes RFPs to support contracting initiatives.
- Supports sales on RFPs and participates in sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Financial responsibility for multimillion-dollar budget; develops budgets in conjunction with market leaders.
- Fosters and maintains trusting relationships with external stakeholders, leaders and employees.
- Measures performance of individual team members, balances workloads and develops hiring plans to meet network development needs.
General Job Information
TitleVP, Field Network Development
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/30/2019
Date Requisition Created10/30/2019
Work ExperienceManaged Healthcare, Management/Leadership, Network, Process Improvement
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required), Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Healthcare Administration
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredPMP - Project Management Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration.
- 10+ years’ experience in managed care.
- 8 years of management level experience in the managed healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated financial analysis and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated process improvement knowledge.
- Knowledge of the variety of financial and operational structures viable in the managed care arena, including value based payment models.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills in a multiple site and matrixed environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite knowledge, specifically Excel.
- Master's Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration
- Process Improvement experience
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.