Consulting Data and Integration Engineer (ETL - Informatica)
Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 125
• Extensive experience with Informatica, any Snaplogic a plus
• Ability and Prior experience in taking a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation and support is a plus.
• Experience with big data related technologies such as Hadoop, Redshift is a plus
Role based competencies:
• Development of interfaces/load process using Databases Oracle/SQL Server/Flat files
• Should have strong knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server
• Should have working knowledge of Performance optimization and tuning tools.
• Should be able to work in Agile and Waterfall based projects
• Experience with ETL Tools such as Informatica, Snaplogic etc
• Experience in UNIX shell scripting is a plus.
• Experience in designing and architecting data interfaces is a plus
• IDE such as Toad, SQL Developer
• Knowledge of AWS resources and services is a plus
Job Profile Summary
This position will Lead agile software development efforts as a Technical Leader. This role will respond to audits and contribute to the RFP process. Ensure data governance and best practice is embraced. Responsible for understanding business and IT strategy to align with outcomes. Will be a hands-on Data and Integration Engineer who can write quality code, assist with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching. Must understand big picture from a business standpoint within the context of the application. Will define improvements to increase system reliability, security and performance. Perform rich data visualizations and presentations to senior management on value adds. May manage a team.
- Participate in defining strategic IT objectives and leading subordinates toward that strategic vision for their products.
- Acts as the primary focal point for both internal and external customers for software development tasks. This includes estimates of feasibility, time and effort of tasks.
- Provide updates to both the user community and the programmers.
- Monitor projects, determines potential problems and guides them to a successful completion.
- Ensure that all work is getting accomplished by making assignments and monitoring tasks. This includes balancing work between programmers, analysts, project managers, supervisors, and managers, and ensuring that the proper policies and procedures are being followed.
- Assists with budget preparation and management.
- Mentor and evaluate staff performance. - Continues to work hands-on doing programming and analysis work themselves.
- Tracks all project requests in functional area and updates status of projects on a regular basis.
- Assists in estimating work effort associated with new project requests.
- Assists in planning for the development and support of a functional systems area.
- Reviews and evaluates work of subordinate staff and prepares performance reports.
- Participates in planning and budgeting.
General Job Information
TitleConsulting Data and Integration Engineer (ETL - Informatica)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/31/2019
Date Requisition Created10/27/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 7+ years related experience including a minimum of 3-4 years of designing, building and maintaining high quality, secure software in IT.
- Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- ServiceNow training.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you