ACS Certification Specialist, EFMP
JB Langley-Eustis AFB VA 23604 Fed2 805 Gaffy Ln
Job DescriptionProvides ACS certification inspection and administrative support services for each IMCOM Directorate (ID)/region IAW according to the established accreditation standards and processes.
- Provides inspection and administrative support the IMCOM Directorate (ID) and other government team members.
- Participates in a 3-5 day team inspection of each installation in the ID at least once every 4 years.
- Conducts accreditation assessment visits to ensure full program implementation is in compliance with applicable regulations and professional standards.
- Coordinates certification milestones with IMCOM G9 HQ ACS.
- Schedules and conducts installation site visits prior to inspections.
- Reviews and evaluates installation activities and programs to ensure that programs are operated in the most efficient manner.
- Evaluates program effectiveness and recommends improvement.
- Provides information and assistance to installation ACS staff on issues concerning ACS programs.
- Reviews installation Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), Memoranda of Agreement (MOAs), appointment orders, meeting minutes, and other documents to ensure they meet the certification standards.
- Completes comprehensive reports that will help the government decide if an installation receives their certification.
- Serves as training consultant to provide garrison/installation staff members with information and guidance regarding appropriate program procedures and policies in order to enhance their awareness and skills in such areas as management, administration, interpersonal relations, and mission-associated technical fields.
- Analyzes training needs of garrison/installation staff and develops appropriate training resources to meet these needss
- Collects and analyzes data for planning, reporting, and program improvement.
- Ensures all designated reports are submitted to Service Headquarters, as required.
- Remains informed regarding recent research and policies.
- Maintains knowledge e on the regulations that govern all Army Community Services (ACS) programs.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the certification process.
- Reviews documentation in the ACS Staff database to ensure compliance with certification standards.
General Job Information
TitleACS Certification Specialist, EFMP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/25/2019
Date Requisition Created10/25/2019
Work ExperienceAdministrative Support
EducationBachelors: Business Administration (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- One year experience working with a military Family Support Center; or civilian social service agency preferred or experience as a military Family member.
- Understanding of the military and DOD Family Programs.
- Working knowledge of military protocol when addressing Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Government personnel.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with civilian and military personnel at all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a Behavior Science field.
- Minimum one year experience performing administrative work or inspections.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Knowledge of military and civilian community (local, state, and Federal programs), their mission and relationship to readiness, retention, and resiliency.
- Ability to research, analyze, and conduct studies to evaluate effectiveness of program operation and resolve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize and analyze work assignments to determine appropriate course of action.
- Computer literate and possess proficiency in computer skills to use Microsoft Office Suite to prepare briefing slides, information papers, and enter data in required management reports and utilize information systems to prepare required reports and information.
- Must be able to travel frequently for approximately up to one week at a time.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must speak, read, understand, and write English fluently.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle license.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you