Adaptive Sports Coordinator, RCC-AF
Randolph AFB TX 78108 Fed 550 C Street West
Job DescriptionAssists the Military Adaptive Sports team with the management and operations of its adapted sports and reconditioning programs and activities for recovering Services members to improve the recovery process and quality of life as the participants adjust to their 'new normal'.
Assists in providing effective and efficient adapted sports and reconditioning programs for recovering Services members.
Assists in coordinating adapted sports and reconditioning programs according to guidelines, standards of practice and professional code of ethics developed by AFSC at multiple installations throughout the US.
Identifies populations to be served based on age, disability and interests.
Assists in coordinating adapted sports opportunities with local community organizations.
Demonstrates ability to provide activities that are appropriate to the population being served.
Communicates effectively and professionally with senior military and community leadership as well as activity participants.
Identifies community resources to provide support and augment the program.
Encourages and provides Airmen with information about monthly activities in their local communities.
Coordinates and attends regional and national WASP events, providing direct assistance as an integral team member
General Job Information
TitleAdaptive Sports Coordinator, RCC-AF
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/22/2019
Date Requisition Created10/22/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Proficiency with database management and other Administrative skills.
- Experience in operating Microsoft office products.
- Ability to work at the Headquarters Program level.
- Ability to manage multiple activity schedules simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with recovering Service members (RSMs) and make the appropriate registrations and travel arrangements for their participation in WASP events.
- Demonstrated quality communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills required with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a complex system involving individuals with diverse levels of experience, skills and abilities.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can help develop and implement a program with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to travel to events throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of appropriate experience in the management of programs with diverse populations.
- Experience working with individuals with PTSD and TBI desired.
- Must have experience working with individuals that require sporting equipment modifications to participate in physical activity.
- Must have willingness, ability and experience participating in various adaptive sporting activities Examples include Archery, Cycling, Rowing, Track and Field, Sitting volleyball, Swimming and Wheelchair basketball.
- Previous active duty military experience or experience working with Service members or veterans preferred.
- Preference will be given to Bachelor's degrees in the areas of sport management, recreation, adaptive physical education, therapeutic recreation or related field.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you