Senior Quality Clinical Reviewer
Albuquerque NM 87113
Job DescriptionThis position is onsite in the Albuquerque, NM office.
Applies clinical expertise in conducting standardized independent reviews of case management and provider documentation and treatment records. Conducts reviews of Quality of Care and Critical/Adverse Incidents following policies to identify patient safety risks and coordinates follow-up actions. Prepares reports for quality purposes based on findings and monitors follow-up actions and recommendations for improvement. Trends and analyzes findings for internal and external reporting. Interfaces with providers and customers.
- Reviews charts and analyzes clinical record documentation against state, federal and accreditation standards and contract requirements using standard tools and reporting mechanisms.
- Reviews Quality of Care and Critical/Adverse incidents to assess risk and patient safety issues based on policy and procedural guidelines.
- Conducts ongoing activities which monitor established quality of care standards in the provider network and for care managers.
- Collects, analyzes and prepares clinical record information for projects related to assessing the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the delivery of managed care services. Prepares monthly performance reports with assistance from Reporting and Analytics unit. Presents findings at management, provider, customer and quality meetings.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of activities to improve delivery of services and quality of care including the development and coordination of in-service education programs for providers and care managers.
- Responsible for auditing as well as validating internal audit results and/or corrective action plans.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Quality Clinical Reviewer
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/18/2019
Date Requisition Created10/17/2019
Work ExperienceClinical, Quality
EducationBachelors: Nursing (Required), Masters: Behavioral Health (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMHC - Licensed Mental Health Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, MFT - Marriage and Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesLicensed clinician with 7 years healthcare quality improvement experience.
-Managed health care experience preferred.
-Clinician with direct care experience and file review auditing preferred.
-NCQA and URAC accreditation standards and processes experience preferred.
-Bachelors level clinician (RN) or Masters level clinician (LCSW, LPC, LMHC, MFT) required.
-Experience working with total quality improvement with a healthcare background in treatment modalities, psychopharmacology, federal/state regulatory guidelines, performance measurement.
-Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
-Project management skills and demonstrated experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you