Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionPosition responsible for the month end close and annual budget preparation for select departments. Responsible for financial analysis of applicable departments. This position generally responsible for more complex areas than are generally assigned to an Accountant I.
- Responsible for month end close for certain departments.
- Prepares accurate and timely journal entries, analyzes financial statements for reasonableness, explains budget vs. actual variances.
- Researches and reconciles general ledger balance sheet accounts
- Analyzes balance sheet accounts and determine corrective action if required
- Prepares special projects as requested by senior management
General Job Information
Job FamilyFinance Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/26/2019
Date Requisition Created9/26/2019
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Accounting (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- A minimum of three years of prior general ledger and spreadsheet preparation experience.
- Must have experience with CP and Workday
- Bachelor's degree required with a minimum of three years of accounting experience OR 10+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills, strong communication skills (written and verbal) and comfortable communicating to all levels of management.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you