Customer Service/Administrative Support, FFSP
Oak Harbor WA 98278 Fed 3675 W. Lexington Street
Job DescriptionThe Customer Service/Administrative Support receives, screens, and directs callers and walk-in customers to the appropriate Fleet and Family Support Programs (FFSP) staff. Provides customers general, basic information, and referral to military and community resources, utilizing other FFSP staff for more in-depth, complicated requests for information. Customer Service/Administrative Support services support FFSPs, which are designed to facilitate personal and family readiness and adaptation to life in the military and to keep individuals and families resilient and strong, preventing individual and family dysfunction, facilitating personal and family self-sufficiency, and creating overall command and community wellbeing.
- Enrolls and schedules customers in briefs, workshops and classes and individual appointments not provided through centralized scheduling.
- Provides administrative and clerical services.
- Provides a variety of administrative support functions (e.g., finalizing official correspondence, data entry, preparing military messages, making travel arrangements, attending and taking minutes at meetings, scheduling appointments, screening and directing potentially distraught and/or difficult callers or walk-in clients, distributing mass mailings, managing files, taking messages for staff, and maintaining referral and community resource directories).
- Ensures that information and referral services provided are entered and counted in Fleet and Family Support Management Information System (FFSMIS).
- Provides emergency preparedness and response carried out by the region, installation or FFSP.
- Facilitates FFSP participation and activities in support of public awareness campaigns such as Ready Navy.
- Prepares and conducts management briefings to communicate recommendations on training and exercises.
General Job Information
TitleCustomer Service/Administrative Support, FFSP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/11/2019
Date Requisition Created9/11/2019
Work ExperienceCustomer Service
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- High school diploma OR GED.
- Must have customer service experience and sound working knowledge of computers, copying and fax machines, and office automation software such as Adobe, Windows, and the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- In OCONUS locations, strong preference is given to hiring on-site spouses/family members to minimize relocation requirements.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you