Manager UAS Operations
Brooklyn NY 11201 (inactive)
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for the overall clinical coordination and management of the completion of UAS initial and reassessments by nurse assessors. This role ensures that standards for UAS completion are consistent with principles, policies and standards.
- Responsible for the day to day clinical management and support of nurse assessors while in the field conducting assessments and problem resolution; troubleshoots issues that nurse assessors encounter during field visits.
- Monitors individual assessor`s difficulty in the execution of the UAS, as well as other assessments conducted on new enrollees and updated assessments (reassessments) conducted on existing members.
- Continually monitors appropriateness of assessor?s difficulty in execution of completing initial assessments and reassessments during field visits.
- Assists with UAS assessments and associated clinical documentation audits.
- Supports team members in the daily monitoring of UAS initial and reassessments completed by assessors to ensure the assessment results are documented consistently throughout the assessment and associated documentation.
- Works collaboratively with other plan functions that interface with UAS assessments such as quality management, intake, member services, vendor management and care management.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives and management reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleManager UAS Operations
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/27/2019
Date Requisition Created8/27/2019
EducationBachelors: Nursing (Required), Masters: Nursing
License and Certifications - RequiredRN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesExperience in delivering Semi-Annual Assessment of Members (SAMM) and UAS assessments. Understanding of the UAS assessment and the underlying development and expected understanding meant in completing the UAS assessment. Knowledge of UAS-NY assessments and the system, managed care, Medicare, Medicaid, mental health and substance abuse, community resources and providers. Ability to function independently and as a team member. Strong organization, time management and communication skills. Familiarity with ICD10, CPT4 and DSM IV or most current diagnostic edition(s). Proficient in MS Office Suite.2+ years UAS Assessments, Managed Care and Supervisory experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”