ECM/IDS Specialist, FFSP
OCONUS - Banchi Yokosuka
Job DescriptionProvides Individual Deployment Support, Emergency Preparedness and Response and Emergency Case Management Support to military and families.
•Provides standardized Individual Augmentee (IA) family case management IAW CNIC Individual Deployment Support Desk Guide.
•Serves as the designated POC for an individual Sailor or family to support them in obtaining necessary services before, during and after IA assignment.
•Serves as the designated POC for an individual Sailor or family, DoD Civilian or family to support them in obtaining necessary services for current status and future permanent transition when emergency case management services are indicated.
•Serves as a liaison with other military community agencies. Provide regular follow-up and case management services per family request for assigned IA sailors or family members and provide intensive case management services for assigned sailors or family members needing emergency case management services.
•Using existing resources, supports family by providing necessary required forms, obtaining explanation and directions from subject matter experts, and advising them through the bureaucratic requirements associated with IA assignment and/or displacement or transition .
•Provides feedback and information to CNIC leadership regarding family needs, lapses in the system, and response times.
•Addresses system lapses in a timely and professional manner.
•Utilizes information technology including the internet as available to keep abreast of changes.
•Serves families and provide support where needed, while being responsive to the overall needs and tempo of the FFSP.
•Coordinates and integrates family services and referrals utilizing on- and off-installation resources, state, intra-state, and federal services as necessary.
•Operates as part of a larger system with continual communication with CNIC, N1 and local military installations, keeping in touch with changes and additions to resources and policies.
•Ensures that individual case management services and deployment support group programs, one-on-one assistance and Information and referral services are entered and counted in FFSMIS.
•Ensures that staff delivering individual deployment support and emergency case management are accounting for services scheduled and delivered in the automated Centralized Scheduling and Metrics system in use by the FFSP.
•Fully supports the FFSP role in emergency preparedness and response including participation in exercises and execution of an Emergency Family Assistance Center when directed.
General Job Information
TitleECM/IDS Specialist, FFSP
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/13/2019
Date Requisition Created8/13/2019
Work ExperienceCase Management, Victim Advocacy
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Associates (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Associates degree in a social science or related field OR 2 years’ equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience providing advocacy or case management services is required.
- Must possess a broad range of specialized work experience including: working with family programs, military or civilian social service agencies, and/or is a military family member with full understanding of the military lifestyle.
- Strong oral and written communication, assessment, data management, and advocacy skills are required.
- Must possess advocacy knowledge, skills, and abilities such as: working knowledge of state, federal, and local resources, as well as understanding, sensitivity, and empathy for sailors and family members from diverse racial, ethnic and socioeconomic background.
- Must agree to operate within established guidelines of the Navy FFSP Program.
- Must maintain a valid, unrestricted motor vehicle license and be physically able to perform all contractual duties.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays
- Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business
- Ability to work under time pressure and rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you