Quality Clinical Reviewer - CMC
Maryland Heights MO 63043 St Louis 1 14100 Magellan Plaza
Job DescriptionConducts reviews of clinical interactions and clinical documentation including reviews of case management records and provider treatment records. Collects data following established procedures and analyzes findings for purposes of continuous quality improvement and for internal and external reporting. Interacts with multiple stakeholders internally and externally. Provides clinical reviews of Quality of Care (QOC) and Critical/Adverse incidents related to clinical services.
- Audits and reviews case manager and provider clinical documentation and telephone interactions against regulations, accreditation standards and contract requirements.
- Reviews provider treatment records against clinical and procedural established standards.
- Conducts ongoing activities which monitor established quality of care standards in the participating provider network and for care managers.
- Conducts reviews of Quality of Care and Critical/Adverse Incidents.
- Evaluates level of patient safety risk and need for follow-up actions per policies.
- Collects, analyzes and prepares clinical record information for projects related to assessing the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the delivery of managed care services.
- Prepares monthly performance reports with assistance from Reporting and Analytics unit. Presents findings at provider and customer meetings as needed.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of activities to improve delivery of services and quality of care including the development and coordination of in-service education programs for providers and care managers.
- Responsible for auditing as well as validating internal audit results and/or corrective action plans.
General Job Information
TitleQuality Clinical Reviewer - CMC
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date6/13/2019
Date Requisition Created6/10/2019
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt, LMHC - Licensed Mental Health Counselor - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, MFT - Marriage and Family Therapist - Care Mgmt, RN - Registered Nurse, State and/or Compact State Licensure - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Masters level clinician (LCSW, LPC, LMHC, MFT) required.
- Experience working with total quality improvement or a behavioral healthcare background in treatment modalities, psychopharmacology, federal/state regulatory guidelines, performance measurement.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Project management skills and demonstrated experience
- Licensed clinician with 5 years of healthcare quality improvement experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you