Job DescriptionDevelops complex proposals that are well-written, accurate, consistent, responsive and reflect customer-specific themes. When necessary, can manage proposals of moderate to high complexity. As needed, will oversee other writers during the development of proposals.
- Edits proposal language to ensure incorporation of strategic themes as well as compliance with proposal requirements and RFP requirements.
- Meets with sales staff and others to review RFP and determine requirements to develop compliant, customized proposals.
- Identifies and contacts subject matter experts throughout Magellan to get accurate information for inclusion in proposals based on requirements and platform.
- Creates original text and coordinate illustrations, explanatory tables and/or graphics.
- Utilizes proposal database and previous bids to provide compliant proposal responses
- Oversees staff writers, ensuring all sections of proposal are consistent, compliant and meet all internal and external deadlines
- Provides updated proposal information for inclusion into the database.
- Coordinates timely production of proposals.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Proposal Writer
Job FamilySales Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/14/2019
Date Requisition Created5/14/2019
Work ExperienceCommunications, Public Relations or Related Field, Proposals
EducationA Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered. (Required), Bachelors: Communications (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Ability to adapt to new, technology-driven tools (e.g., database, online procurement systems).
- 3+ years of communications experience to include a minimum of 2 years developing original material for publication or competitive evaluation and prior proposal experience.
- Knowledge of proposal processes
- An equivalent combination of experience and education is acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently across multiple functions within the company.
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Ability to analyze compliance-driven/technical documentation to determine customer requirements and to understand complex customer issues within the public sector
- Ability to work closely with multi-functional teams to develop a customer-specific proposal strategy.
- Strong organizational, project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, matrix environment.
- Ability to create new proposal text by meeting with subject matter experts or using reference documents.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you