Family Advocacy Treatment Manager, FAP EAST
Barksdale AFB LA 71110 Fed 243 Curtiss Rd
Job DescriptionThe FATM is a member of the multidisciplinary FAP team and works to assess families referred for suspected maltreatment and treats individuals, families, and groups whose maltreatment allegation(s) met criteria for maltreatment. Also, the FATM supports the New Parent Support Program (NPSP) to provide voluntary, comprehensive prevention services (primarily home-based) to families to prevent the occurrence of family maltreatment. Finally, the FATM provides Family Advocacy Strength-Based Therapy (FAST) services by providing voluntary prevention counseling to individuals, families, or groups who are at risk for maltreatment.
- Assesses families referred for suspected maltreatment and treats individuals, families, and groups whose maltreatment allegation(s) met criteria for maltreatment;
- Provides voluntary, comprehensive prevention services (primarily home-based) to families to prevent the occurrence of family maltreatment;
- Provides voluntary prevention counseling to individuals, families, or groups who are at risk for maltreatment.
General Job Information
TitleFamily Advocacy Treatment Manager, FAP EAST
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/10/2019
Date Requisition Created5/10/2019
Work ExperienceSocial Work
EducationMasters: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- U.S. licensed clinical Social Worker.
- Master’s degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school.
- Two years of full-time post-master’s degree experience (within the last three years) in professional clinical counseling service programs to men, women, and children who are abusive or abused.
- Must also have experience as a group therapy facilitator or co-leader.
- Shall be able to obtain and maintain a NACI Clearance.
- Employee shall have Basic Life Support Certification.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays.
- Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business.
- Able to work under time pressure and rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you