Program Manager, USMC TECOM
Quantico VA 22134 Fed1 2079 Barnett Ave
Job DescriptionThe USMC TECOM G-5 (Training and Education Command) mission is to develop, coordinate, resource, execute, and evaluate training and education concepts, policies, plans and programs to ensure Marines are prepared to meet the challenges of present and future operational environments.
AFSC/Magellan Federal is seeking a Program Manager to work on site with the USMC client full time in Quantico, VA and oversee the work of two subordinate analysts. The ideal candidate will have the following experiences and qualifications:
• Expert level knowledge of advanced level assessment effectively using qualitative and quantitative measurement/analytical techniques and tools to evaluate the performance of individuals and teams (e.g., units, organizations, etc.) in performance-focused environments (e.g., high-level sports, business, military, etc.). Special interest on the demonstration of an understanding on measuring/evaluating the impact of learning and development interventions (e.g., educational classes, training simulations, mentoring sessions, etc.) on subsequent performance (e.g., using various models/frameworks such as Kirkpatrick Model Levels 3 & 4, Kaufman’s Model of Learning Evaluation Levels 3-6, Anderson’s Value of Learning Model, Brinkerhoff’s Success Case Method, Phillips’ Model for Learning Evaluation).
• Demonstrated experience in human capital or support program design, development, management, and/or integration, with particular interest and experience in a military environment. Must have experience in developing (or substantially aiding in the development of) practical, executable plans at multiple levels (from strategic plans through implementation plans) that have resulted in the translation of critical concepts/ideas into effective, workable solutions. (e.g. experience demonstrating proof of concept through well designed assessments.)
• Experience with organizational transformations, large-scale governance design, management and support, and change management (particularly in the context of a large-scale organizational transformation) are highly desired.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills are a requirement, particularly as applied to the development of quantitative and qualitatively-focused decision analysis and support collateral (e.g., decisional briefs, recommended courses of actions, white papers, informational and formal presentations.
• Successful experience working and collaborating amongst senior leaders, including the ability to integrate the viewpoints of multiple competing internal stakeholders (e.g., warfighting units, internal support functions, service members, civilians, other contractors, etc.) into coherent recommendations and/or courses of actions (COAs) that are acceptable to the military hierarchy and budget, and feasible within a military environment.
• Extensive leadership experience in project team management which delivers quality products on budget, on time and within the contractual scope of work.
• A Master’s-level degree in Adult Education, Human Performance Science, Organizational Sciences or a related field is highly valued, but is secondary to the ability to demonstrate the qualities outlined. Article publications and certifications in program management, planning, analytics, change management, etc. are a valuable means of providing evidence of experience. However, these will be tertiary to a candidate’s ability to practically demonstrate the requisite knowledge, skills and capabilities outlined.
General Job Information
TitleProgram Manager, USMC TECOM
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date4/15/2019
Date Requisition Created4/15/2019
Work ExperienceProject/Program Management, Training
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredPMP - Project Management Professional - Enterprise
Other Job Requirements
•Consulting background or experience.
•Experience formulating task execution approaches and methodologies.
•Experience developing and leveraging various data gathering tools and techniques.
•Strong facilitation skills.
•Strong leadership and management skills.
•Strong writing skills and experience developing a variety of written products.
•Experience operating in a environment where task objectives might be nebulous.
•Experience taking poorly framed thoughts/objectives and formulating them into clear direction and actionable steps.
•Significant experience in adult learning in multiple areas: instructional and assessment techniques, resident/face-to-face learning, distance learning, blended learning, simulation and coaching, faculty development, counseling and mentoring techniques.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you