Job DescriptionFL Statue 39.407 mandates that every child /adolescent in the care and custody of the Department of Children and Families (DCF) will have an evaluation/suitability assessment prior to admission into a residential treatment facility, and a subsequent review of progress, every 90 days thereafter. The purpose of the independent evaluation is to determine the suitability for the level of care and appropriateness of treatment thereafter.
Qualified Evaluators (QE) conduct the Suitability Assessments which include at a minimum: a clinical record review, a face to face interview with the child and a written summary of findings, indicating a level of care recommendation along with a recommendation checklist/clinical checklist. QEs may be required to testify in Dependency Court regarding the recommendations.
Qualified Evaluator must be psychiatrist or a psychologist licensed in Florida who has at least 3 years of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of serious emotional disturbances in children and adolescents and who has no actual or perceived conflict of interest with any inpatient facility or residential treatment center or program. Must be able to travel and conduct assessments on site within inpatient programs, specialized therapeutic group homes, crisis units, and other locations as needed.
General Job Information
TitleQualified Evaluator - Psychologist/Psychiatrist
Job FamilyClinical Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date7/11/2018
Date Requisition Created7/11/2018
License and Certifications - RequiredDO - Physician, State Licensure and Board Certified (ABMS or Specialty Board) - Physician, MD - Physician, State Licensure and Board Certified (ABMS or Specialty Board) - Physician
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in one or more states of the United States.
- Board Certified by one of the following: the American Board of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine (ABPRM), American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), American Board of Nuclear Medicine (ABNM), American Board of Cardiovascular Medicine (ABCMC), American Board of Anesthesiology (ABA), American Board of Osteopathic Specialties (ABOS), American Board of Internal Medicine or American Board of Osteopathic Internal Medicine (ABIM/ABOIM).
- Graduate degree from an accredited medical school.
- A licensed Physician practicing as one of the following: Anesthesiologist, Cardiologist, Emergency Medicine, Gastroenterologist, Neurologist, Oncologist, Orthopedic Surgeon, Otolaryngologist, Pain Management, Radiologist or Urologist.
- Cardiology Fellows may be given consideration based on clinical experiences.
- Familiarity with the principles and procedures of utilization management as practiced in managed care organizations, experience with cost benefit analysis, quality assurance and the continuous quality improvement process is desirable.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
“I receive a high level of support from our Senior Management Team to execute on our vision. They are always accessible and approachable, something I’ve found to be very unique to Magellan.”