Job DescriptionLooking for a Sr. Software Engineer with a diverse skill set. This role will involve SQL, on both the Oracle and MS SQL Server platforms. Any familiarity with healthcare EDI formats (such as 837, 834, 270, 271, 276, 277, 278, 997, etc.) a large plus. Any web application development experience is a plus as well. Microsoft development platforms such as .NET preferred. Healthcare IT background desired, but not required.
Preferred location of this candidate would be in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area, but we are open to REMOTE candidates as well for the right match.
This position analyzes problems in terms of detailed requirements. Designs detailed flow charts. Verifies program logic by preparing tests data for trial runs. Tests and debugs programs. Prepares run sheets for routine programs. May also do coding from flow charts, assist in determining the causes of computer or program malfunctions, and confer with technical personnel in systems analysis and application planning.
- Develops, test and maintains code using software development methodology and appropriate technologies for the system being used.
- Works closely with Business Analysts to develop detail systems design and written test plans for online and report application programs.
- Performs analysis on projects and provides a project plan that shows the tasks needing to be completed and a time estimate for each task.
- Participates in design walk throughs with appropriate focus groups and related users to verify accuracy of design in meeting business needs.
- Prepares installation instructions and coordinates installation procedures.
- Supports and troubleshoots application code problems.
- Provides status reports that give a detailed description of the current projects progress and indicates time devoted to each task of the project.
- Coordinates, guides and mentors programming efforts performed by in-house programmers or outside consultants to ensure that all programming is completed according to the project plan.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Software Engineer (SQL)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/16/2019
Date Requisition Created10/10/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 3+ years of programming experience.
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you