Supervisor, Mail Services
Latham NY 12110 15 Cornell Rd
Job DescriptionThis position oversees and assigns work to a team of Mail Service Coordinators. Responsible for monitoring team progress, compliance to processes and record keeping (including time tracking), and maintaining team discipline. Responsible and accountable for the essential team functions including handling incoming mail of all varieties (returned mail, correspondence, etc.), researching new addresses, outbound contact, and outgoing mail as new addresses are found. For Supervisors managing Medicare Part D correspondence, will be required to follow process in order to meet Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requirements. Duties include performing a variety of routine tasks while ensuring the confidentiality of sensitive information. Must complete duties with a high level of quality and professionalism.
- Oversee the handling of incoming, outgoing, interoffice and overnight mail in a timely manner.
- Assign and manage tasks and performance of assigned team.
- Assist in providing daily leadership for team to obtain optimal results.
- Interface with other upstream and downstream departments to identify and resolve issues.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to improve efficiency, compliance, and employee morale.
- Handle certified mail in a timely manner while documenting a log for accuracy.
- Pull documents and files as requested in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSupervisor, Mail Services
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/7/2019
Date Requisition Created10/7/2019
Work ExperienceHealth Plans, Managed Healthcare, Medicare Part D (MedD), Operations, Supervisory
EducationGED (Required), High School (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years experience in mail center operations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities; multi-tasking.
- Understanding of managing to regulatory requirements.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.