Family Advocacy Treatment Manager, FAP EAST
Barksdale AFB LA 71110 Fed 243 Curtiss Rd
Job DescriptionThe FATM is a member of the multidisciplinary FAP team and works to assess families referred for suspected maltreatment and treats individuals, families, and groups whose maltreatment allegation(s) met criteria for maltreatment. Also, the FATM supports the New Parent Support Program (NPSP) to provide voluntary, comprehensive prevention services (primarily home-based) to families to prevent the occurrence of family maltreatment. Finally, the FATM provides Family Advocacy Strength-Based Therapy (FAST) services by providing voluntary prevention counseling to individuals, families, or groups who are at risk for maltreatment.
- Assesses families referred for suspected maltreatment and treats individuals, families, and groups whose maltreatment allegation(s) met criteria for maltreatment;
- Provides voluntary, comprehensive prevention services (primarily home-based) to families to prevent the occurrence of family maltreatment;
- Provides voluntary prevention counseling to individuals, families, or groups who are at risk for maltreatment.
General Job Information
TitleFamily Advocacy Treatment Manager, FAP EAST
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date5/10/2019
Date Requisition Created5/10/2019
Work ExperienceSocial Work
EducationMasters: Social Work (Required)
License and Certifications - RequiredLCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- U.S. licensed clinical Social Worker.
- Master’s degree from a Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school.
- Two years of full-time post-master’s degree experience (within the last three years) in professional clinical counseling service programs to men, women, and children who are abusive or abused.
- Must also have experience as a group therapy facilitator or co-leader.
- Shall be able to obtain and maintain a NACI Clearance.
- Employee shall have Basic Life Support Certification.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays.
- Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business.
- Able to work under time pressure and rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.