Manager, Quality - Healthcare
San Diego CA 92108
Job DescriptionResponsible for assigned areas of quality within a specified unit of a SBU. Implements assigned quality program components. Interfaces with customers and regulatory entities. May have accreditation responsibilities based on contract requirements.
- Manages day-to-day quality activities ensuring program and procedures support company goals for service, quality, and cost effectiveness as well as compliance with contract, federal and state requirements. Activities and projects may include:
- Interfacing with customers on quality programs.
- Trainings on CQI processes.
- Coordination of quality initiatives.
- Satisfaction survey coordination and follow-up.
- Coordination of Advisory Groups.
- Investigation of adverse incidents and Quality of Care concerns
- Research and resolve customer inquiries and provider disputes
- Monitoring of performance measures.
- Provider profiling support.
- Auditing for quality control.
- Quality studies and quality improvement projects statistical analyses and lean principles.
- Prepares customer and site reports with assistance from Reporting and Analytics team.
- Participates on quality committees to ensure quality issues are taken to the committee and recommendations are made, by the committee, in a timely manner. Makes recommendations to the Committee for improving plan operations based on data from performance indicators, QI studies, and quality activities.
- Serves as liaison with assigned departments to ensure quality projects are integrated within operations.
- Conducts internal audits of charts and clinical/service procedures for quality purposes
-Bachelor's degree with 5 years healthcare and quality experience.
- Leadership and management/supervisory experience.
- Quality techniques and tools, statistics, analytics, research
- Managed care/health plan experience.
- Writing skills -Qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Project Management experience, Process Improvement, development of corrective action
plans and tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to execute; strong ability to effectively communicate verbally.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, any statistical software experience.
General Job Information
TitleManager, Quality - Healthcare
Job FamilyQuality Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date8/8/2019
Date Requisition Created8/6/2019
EducationBachelors: Healthcare (Required), Masters: Behavioral Health
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - PreferredLSW - Licensed Social Worker - Care Mgmt
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesManaged behavioral health and accreditation processes. Knowledge of accreditation standards related to the book of business.Knowledge of quality improvement processes and performance measurement. Demonstrated skills in project management. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Expertise in word processing and data management software.5 years healthcare quality improvement experience.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you