VP/Chief Operating Officer
Arlington VA 22206 AFSC Magellan Federal
Job DescriptionReporting to the Chief Executive Officer of Magellan Federal, you will provide managerial and business process leadership to ensure strategic development and execution of operational improvements and client satisfaction initiatives that contribute to the continued growth and profitability of the organization. You must develop and nurture close working relationships with the executive team and key Corporate functions to foster collaborative partnerships and fluid communication being viewed as a valued, trusted, and respected member of the Magellan Federal team. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes and executes cost efficiency measures while advancing the quality, speed, and effectiveness of the enterprise operations.
- Supports the ongoing integration of Magellan Federal programs supporting the US government.
- Manages a base portfolio of strategic services contracts with the Defense Health Agency (DHA), Health and Human Services (HHS), and Customer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), with a mandate to grow these lines of business in partnership with Magellan businesses.
- Continues to forge a leadership brand for the organization through continued delivery excellence, product innovation and continued refinement of Magellan Federal’s business model and offerings as dictated by changing markets.
- Drives effective alignment of business processes, technology and human capital to ensure all business systems are synchronized with those of Magellan for maximum efficiency.
- Provides rigor and operational discipline to prepare Magellan Federal for continued growth and scrutiny within a public company operating model.
- Defines key metrics and performance indicators and instills best practices and process standardization across Magellan Federal while executing revenue and cost objectives above expectations and building sustainable revenue streams for the future.
- Works with the executive team to ensure continued key client retention and development. Adds new leadership talent to successfully achieve business goals. Focuses on developing employees to build high performing, collaborative teams.
- Develops strategies to anticipate future market changes and assesses the likely impact on clients. Develops mitigating strategies to accommodate growth opportunities and trends.
- Provides leadership drive, momentum and inspiration to the business and its employees, through the introduction of new services and integrated assets. Introduces new team partners and business contacts to extend Magellan Federal into new markets.
- Commits to the organization’s high level of integrity and company values, including compliance with all legal and ethical standards.
General Job Information
TitleVP/Chief Operating Officer
Job FamilyOperations Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/4/2019
Date Requisition Created10/4/2019
Work ExperienceContract Administration and Management, Military/Government, Healthcare, Management/Leadership, Military, Operations
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Prior leadership roles could involve a combination of operations, technology, sales and general management experience. Ability and experience successfully managing a P&L of at least $200M is required. Most importantly, the successful candidate will be someone who thrives at the intersection of business operations, sales and client advocacy, building top performing teams and productive cross functional organizations.
Specific experiences will include:
- Outstanding organizational leadership skills‐strong written and oral communication skills, exceptional ability with client relationships, facile with employees at all levels, and treats people with respect. A leader that builds through teamwork; a motivator.
- Related professional or combination of professional/military experience in DoD, VA or civilian agencies with experience in healthcare services business development to major government markets.
- Working in a federal subsidiary of a larger organization.
- Successful track record of building, leading and retaining diverse, multi-functional high performing teams comprised of former government and military veterans.
- Must have experience in both owning/driving a large revenue number as well as a solid understanding of all functional disciplines across the entire organization.
- Ability to create a vision and strategy and drive operational results in a “hands on” way; a doer.
- Experience running internal and client facing organizations to achieve results, improve efficiency and drive process standardization without sacrificing the quality of services rendered.
- Proven experience in developing strong client partnerships.
- Understanding of proposal development and capture processes for complex federal procurements.
- Understanding of cost and pricing techniques and win strategies.
- Ability to drive major initiatives through all levels of a complex, geographically dispersed organization.
- Experience driving collaborative internal and external trusted relationships that are collaborative, exceed results and accelerate innovation.
Personal Characteristics will include:
- A strong balance of strategic and tactical skills, with a high level of intellectual agility and capacity for original thought.
- An enthusiastic, high-energy and motivating leader who is visibly passionate and is capable of inspiring and galvanizing an organization.
- A strong focus on execution. This individual must be strategic and creative, but strong execution capabilities are critical for success. An executive with the appropriate level of drive and “toughness” to effectively manage multiple demanding and critical projects in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that results and deadlines are achieved without damaging morale.
- A leader who creates loyalty, trust and following. One who can energize people and teams, and make cross-functional cooperation happen. This individual must be highly respected by subordinates, peers and superiors.
- Highly entrepreneurial, with a high level of energy, dedication, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win.
- Understanding how to navigate within a large corporation.
- Experience working with a major consulting firm or division of a federal contractor supporting the health and human services community is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in operations, with a minimum of 5 of those years being in contract administration and management of military or government contracts. Should also have a minimum of 7 years’ experience leading at a senior level.
- Must have held a leadership role in both large and mid-sized companies and have deep experience leading the business and management infrastructure required to scale a company.
- Consideration will be given to best in class executives who have demonstrated the ability to succeed in multiple complex business and operational roles, particularly business environments characterized by capacity constrained delivery models.
- Experience managing financial, technology and business operations of dynamic, fast growing, geographically dispersed companies or business units at the highest level of an organization is required.
- Demonstrated experience is required in aligning strategy, investment, sales, operations, delivery and associated business systems required to scale a company.
- Strong financial acumen is non-negotiable combined with a focus on cost management and reduction of performance drag to increase operational agility.
- Occasional travel is required.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.