Job DescriptionThis position will analyze problems and is an expert in at least two or more Data Management tools. Role will understand and develop requirements for a system (mapping documents) by working with Business and Stakeholders, including visualization. Focus on the design with emphasis on reusability, scalability, optimization and parameterization. Develop, test and maintain canonical layouts and drives standardization. Is proficient at automated testing strategies, including TDD. Integrate systems to enterprise data governance tools. Perform data and service integration. Design data as a service (DaaS). Contribute to 24x7x365 days of on-call staff coverage.
• 5-7 years of working experience with Informatica, 2-4 years with Snaplogic
• Should be proficient in Software Development Lifecycle
• Ability and Prior experience in taking a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation and support is a plus.
• Experience with big data related technologies such as Hadoop, Redshift is a plus
Role based competencies:
• Development of interfaces/load process using Databases Oracle/SQL Server/Flat files
• Collaborate with teams to identify and understand key information and data assets
• Should have strong knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server
• Should have working knowledge of Performance optimization and tuning tools.
• Should be able to work in Agile and Waterfall based projects
• Experience with ETL Tools such as Informatica, Snaplogic etc
• Experience in UNIX shell scripting is a plus.
• Experience in designing and architecting data interfaces is a plus
• Experience in implementing Data Quality validations is a plus
• Demonstrated ability in performance optimization - analysis of logs, traces, troubleshooting and performance tuning is required.
• IDE such as Toad, SQL Developer
• Knowledge of AWS resources and services is a plus
This position will act as a liaison between IT Architects and IT Analysts to break down a complex system into smaller components and coach/lead a team of Data and Integration Engineers to design and develop these components. This role- functions as primary practitioner coach on the team to grow the capabilities of other engineers on the team. Responsible for driving new initiatives, conducts POC's and evaluates other products for seamless integration. Is an expert at data integration with RDBMS, Big Data/Hadoop, Data Warehouse, Data Lake concepts and has relevant experience with various OS, network and storage concepts. Will perform data modeling and create data architecture footprints that has operational integration capabilities. Must understand how to build advanced jobs using map-reduce technology. Ability identify and track key metrics produced by the application. Contribute to 24x7x365 days of on-call staff coverage.
General Job Information
TitleLead Data and Integration Engineer (ETL)
Job FamilyInfo Technology Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date10/3/2019
Date Requisition Created10/1/2019
EducationBachelors: Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- 5+ years related experience including a minimum of 2+ years designing, building and deploying software in Cloud.
- Agile and Design Thinking (Coursera).
- Critical thinker.
- Demonstrated problem solving techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- AWS Certified.
- Big Data/Hadoop Certified.
- Some ETL/data movement certifications.
- ServiceNow training.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you