Senior Data and Reporting Analyst-Magellan Health - San Diego, CA
San Diego CA 92108
Job DescriptionThe ideal candidate will have two or more years experience in healthcare data and reporting analysis. In addition to core reporting development skills, a statistical background and experience in applying statistical analysis with data (i.e. testing for significance, correlation analysis, etc.) is required. Strong written and communication skills are needed in this role. This position is located in our San Diego, CA office.
Provides data collection, data management, data analysis and reporting, and decision management tool design and development. Responsible for interfacing with IT to ensure utilization and effective use of IT sponsored tools. Provide basic programming and technical skills to support data management and reporting requirements.
-Work with designated department to assess, define, and develop report deliverables to meet internal and customer requirements. Design appropriate data repository and reporting tools that will be used to organize, analyze, and report data. Query data bases to extract information needed to develop reports. Compile data and other information from multiple data sources.
-Support the development of standard reports.
-Interpret, analyze and provide recommendations regarding data accuracy and data collection needs and processes. Work with business unit(s) to identify opportunities to enhance existing and to develop new data information processes and tools. Continuously assess and improve data collection and reporting processes.
-Coordinate or independently complete special projects. Assist staff members with more complex and detailed projects including root cause analyses, trended reporting and analyses which support continuous quality improvement leading to actionable information.
-Participate and support staff training related to data collection and reporting.
-Other duties as assigned.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Data and Reporting Analyst-Magellan Health - San Diego, CA
Job FamilyGeneral Services Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/30/2019
Date Requisition Created9/30/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Managed care experience preferred.
- Database management strongly preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- 5-7 years of related analytical and/or consulting experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, IT, Mathematics or related field.
- May consider an additional 3-4 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- Requires strong expertise in MS Excel and relational database such as MS Access and other database management (MS SQL) and reporting tools.
- Ability to use reporting software such as Actuate, Cognos, Crystal reports, SAS, or other.
- Ability to query the company's data warehouse and/or department systems in response to data requests.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.