Senior Military Personnel Specialist (PA II), FT POLK DHR
Fort Polk LA 71459 Fed 1716 3rd St.
Job DescriptionProvides administrative support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives.
- Serves as professional customer service specialist and achieves customer satisfaction by delivering military HR services in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
- Possesses skill-level 3 technical proficiency across the full spectrum of military human resources (HR) functional areas.
- Serves as Team Leader / first line supervisor within a specific MPD work center.
- Coordinates with supported unit administrative personnel, unit commanders, and other installation service providers.
- Conducts detailed briefings and counsels Soldiers and Family Members in groups or individually on detailed HR procedures.
- Performs as HR specialist within military HR work centers that may include Personnel Records, Information Systems and Automation Support, In & Out Processing, DEERS/Identification Card Management, Soldier Readiness Processing, Soldier Actions, Promotion Processing, Reassignment Processing, Casualty and Line of Duty Management, Administrative Services (including Official Mail and Distribution), Transition Processing, Retirement Services.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of HQDA governing directives, HR policies, and installation operating procedures.
- Researches records, policy, directives, regulations and/or other historical documents to verify accuracy of records or determine benefits eligibility.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Exercises creativity and latitude in executing delivery of HR services.
- Collects workload and performance information using established quality control metrics.
- Monitors customer satisfaction levels obtained via the Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) System. Conducts informal, verbal counseling as required and provides input to the Program Manager regarding employee duty performance.
- Employees may be assigned job duties in and reasonably related to their assigned position description.
General Job Information
TitleSenior Military Personnel Specialist (PA II), FT POLK DHR
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Non-Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/30/2019
Date Requisition Created9/30/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Requires 2-4 years of experience in U.S. military Human Resources.
- This position is covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) for compensation, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.