Mid- Level Communications Specialist 1, SHARP CO
Arlington VA 22202 Fed3 2530 Crystal Drive
Job DescriptionAssists in the development and execution of the SHARP & Resiliency Directorate’s communication and social marketing efforts. (Social marketing is the application of marketing principles to influence behavior that improves the quality of life of individuals and society.) Oversees work of two junior communication specialists.
- Assists with tasks related to developing the Directorate’s Strategic Plan and Roadmap.
- Develops the synch schedule.
- Assists with oversight of Web Redesign and development of social marketing materials.
- Assists with oversight of assessments for messaging and materials.
- Assists with oversight of storage and material fulfillment.
General Job Information
TitleMid- Level Communications Specialist 1, SHARP CO
Job FamilyFederal Contracts Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/23/2019
Date Requisition Created9/23/2019
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in planning and executing marketing strategy and campaigns through utilization of a variety of products and channels to include traditional media, social media, digital, outreach events, webinars, etc.
- Strong writing, communications and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Associated Press and federal language writing guidelines and formats.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience working with and providing guidance to advertising agencies, graphic designers and copywriters.
- Demonstrated experience developing talking points, articles, speeches, scripts, etc. for senior leadership.
- Well versed in the stages of social marketing as well as social marketing benchmark criteria.
- Demonstrated proficiency of traditional marketing principles, the stages of social marketing, and social marketing benchmark criteria.
- Experience working with military clients a plus.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.