Madison WI 53703
Job DescriptionTMG by Magellan Health is seeking a Compliance Analyst who is responsible for assisting with the implementation of TMG’s Compliance Program under the direction of the Compliance Manager and in collaboration with members of TMG management and lead employees. This position is a vital member of the TMG Compliance team by leading projects in focused areas of compliance, supporting compliance audits, developing reports for TMG management and the Compliance Committee and creating training resources for all employees.
- Advance the goals of the TMG Compliance Program to find, detect and prevent compliance risks of the organization.
- Support the development and maintenance of the TMG Compliance program infrastructure which will include reviewing policy and procedures, conducting regulatory research, developing corrective action plans and developing employee training materials.
- Attend Compliance Committee meetings and assist with development of agendas and meeting materials.
- Lead projects in focused compliance areas, such as contract compliance, HIPAA compliance and Civil Rights Compliance, to mitigate TMG exposure to risk in those focus areas.
- Conduct initial investigations into reported HIPAA privacy and security incidents and produce notifications when required.
- Compile and review compliance-related data and assist with producing reports showing compliance evidence to a variety of audiences including TMG supervisory staff, the Compliance Committee and other senior leaders.
- Participate in the annual compliance risk assessment process, and assist with the development of annual work plans.
- Partner with the Compliance Auditor to participate in audits of compliance risk areas and serve as an additional coordination point for internal compliance audits.
- Coordinate with the Compliance Manager regarding inquiries, complaints/grievances, and flags for review with potential violations of internal/external regulatory policies.
- Develop, implement and monitor TMG’s Business Continuity Management (BCM) program. Serve as liaison and primary contact with managers and employees in the event of an interruption or disaster and periodically revise the BCM Program as determined necessary.
General Job Information
Job FamilyLegal Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/27/2019
Date Requisition Created9/24/2019
Work ExperienceCompliance, Healthcare
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor of Arts or 2-3 years of health care compliance experience.
- 1-2 years of healthcare compliance experience.
- Working knowledge of CMS requirements related to Medicaid (managed long term care).
- Strong verbal, written, research and analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, etc.).
- Exceptional project management and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated communication, critical thinking, and decision making abilities.
- Knowledge of process improvement precepts.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, often under time constraints, and motivate colleagues towards a common goal.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you