Glen Allen VA 23060 Suite 125
Job DescriptionServes as the lead compliance and privacy manager at the direction of the Local Compliance Officer for an assigned SBU(s). Oversees regulatory and contract compliance for business managed by MCC of VA. Responsible for supporting the implementation of the SBU Compliance Program, overall HIPAA compliance, risk assessment and executing internal and external audits according to the annual audit plan.
- Supports the implementation and ongoing operation of the Compliance Program for the assigned SBU(s).
- Develops and annually updates a formal written compliance program for MCC of VA, and educates the MCC of VA management team and staff about compliance and the appropriate details of the compliance program.
- Directs federal and state regulatory and compliance activities at the direction of the Local Compliance Officer.
- Customizes corporate policies where necessary to address contractual requirements and work with corporate compliance on any customizations that are required due to state regulatory standards.
- Serves as a liaison for customers on legal and regulatory issues. Supports the Local Compliance Officer with preparing and adminstering the local compliance committee meetings.
- Generates periodic reports documenting compliance status.
- Coordinates activities with the Internal Audit and Special Investigations Unit (SIU) on compliance matters including fraud, waste and abuse auditing and monitoring.
- Ensures corrective actions are implemented for all known compliance deficiencies. Prepares and may submit reports to the Quality Improvement Committee, Compliance Committee, and the corporate Compliance Department.
- Attends customer meetings to report on compliance matters.
- Serves as point of contact for internal and external customers regarding compliance, security, HIPAA, and anti-fraud efforts within MCC of VA.
- Supports and may execute internal and external audits and reporting.
- Oversees MCC of VA-delegated entities and their compliance activities and assure that compliance data from the delegated entities are reported to the QIC.
General Job Information
Job FamilyLegal Group
CountryUnited States of America
FLSA StatusUnited States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date9/18/2019
Date Requisition Created9/18/2019
EducationBachelors (Required), Masters
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
ResponsibilitiesKnowledge of HIPAA, federal and state regulatory processes. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to research, obtain, coordinate, and integrate feedback and directions from diverse operational groups and organizations into a written product. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.5-8 years compliance related experience, preferably in health care fieldsExperience working for a Managed Care Company or other health related organization, strongly preferred.Masters degree preferred along with a clinical degree to complete file audits and clinical documentation reviews.Experience and thorough understanding of Microsoft Office, flow charting and other relevant software systems and applications.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position.
Top 5 reasons to work at Magellan
Meaningful Work With People Who Care
At Magellan Health you can do meaningful work and feel confident that you matter in an organization that makes a real difference in the world - one that cares deeply and uses its employees’ collective insight as a competitive advantage.Read More
We are Compassionately Curious
Magellan Health is a place where we listen with real empathy. It’s one of our biggest strengths. It helps us to support each other and develop innovative solutions for the fastest growing, most complex areas of healthcare.Read More
We are Better Together
We rely on our innate ability to work as a high-functioning collaborative team to facilitate compassionate care to all of our members. With such interdependency comes trust, challenge and innovation.Read More
We believe work and life should flow together in unison. We offer resources that match your professional development, a culture that welcomes your ideas, and unparalleled flexibility to fit work around your life.Read More
Be your best at Magellan Health. We’re a collective of remarkably motivated and driven professionals. As a team, we’re proud of the high standards we set for each other and we’re continually inspired to do our best work.Read More
When you sayLife @ Magellan
To be the best you have to work with the bestWe hear you